From initial pre-season baseline testing to concussion treatment and rehabilitation, as partnered CCMI practitioners, we collaborate with primary care physicians to co-manage concussions, helping patients and athletes safely return to learn, work and play.
The impact causes a sudden imbalance within the brain cells. This can result in decreased blood flow and temporary energy deficits within the brain. Concussion symptoms may include:
- loss of consciousness
- pressure in the head
- neck pain
- nausea or vomiting
- balance problems
- Exertional testing for return-to-sport readiness and sub-symptom threshold exercise programs for persistent symptoms
- vestibular, oculomotor, and cervical spine rehabilitation
- balance, reaction time, visual processing, and neurocognitive testing (pre-season baseline and/or post-injury/return to sport testing)
- Educational resources
During the early stage following injury, a period of relative symptom-limited physical and cognitive rest is recommended. Research suggests 24 to 48 hours, however, these decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
Following a short period of rest, the International Consensus Statement on Concussion in Sport (2016) recommends a gradual increase in mental and physical activity by a licensed healthcare practitioner trained in concussion management.
These tests can offer healthcare practitioners with an objective benchmark on which to compare should a patient sustain a concussion. It’s important to remember that not all baseline testing is created equal. CCMI has selected the best evidence-based tools available to provide you with comprehensive, multimodal, proven baseline-testing.
As concussion symptoms often disappear days to weeks before the brain has recovered, having valuable baseline information may help practitioners to make safer return to play decisions. Contact us to learn more about baseline testing to see if it’s right for you.
Here's What You Need To Know About Concussion Care And Treatment
The app captures and shares an athletes’ concussion status in real-time. Where a concussion hits, Concussion Tracker enables an athlete’s stakeholders to:
- Report and track concussionConduct sideline assessments
- Ensure seamless communication
- Record athlete’s recovery status and timeline
- Scan and share medical documents
- Track daily symptoms for recovery progress
- Store and view pre-season concussion test results
Download the Concussion Tracker app for free today on the App Store and Google Play!
CCMI’s free educational resources will help to increase your concussion management awareness.
Download yours for free today by clicking this link.
Downloads available include:
- Concussion Handbook
- Concussion Code of Conduct Implementation Guide
- Educational infographics
- Concussion FAQs